6. Performing structural restoration, including:
- Removing any charred contents that may seal in smoke such as insulation and burned wood
- Evaluating carpets and floor coverings that may need to be removed
- Inspecting the framing of the house and subfloors for safety
- Treating affected surfaces for smoke odors and sealing to keep any leftover odors from leaking back into the house
8. Returning items to the original location and helping to restore your normal life
1. Identifying the source to determine the type of fire that occurred.
What are the common types of fires that can occur?
Food from the oven or stove has burned, leaving strong burnt food odors and smoke residue on contents and surfaces.
Multiple natural and synthetic items inside your home have burned causing black smoke residue on contents and surfaces and synthetic smoke odors. Here, emergency corrosion mitigation is needed to protect at-risk surfaces.
Trees, shrubs and bushes have burned and smoke has penetrated the structure from outside, so smoke residue and odor are present.
Heating appliances such as oil-fired furnaces have malfunctioned and caused smoke to be distributed throughout the property.
Residential fire & Smoke damage removal
5. Removing contents from the home, including:
- Collecting immediate items you may need for the next seven days such as clothing, prescriptions, toys, school books, business needs, etc
- Packing out the remaining contents for cleaning and storage
4. Evaluating sensitive materials that may be damaged as a result of smoke and soot particles
3. Remediating water damage (if any)
2. Evaluating the areas that are wet as a result of firefighting that may need treatment
7. Cleaning, eliminating odors and deodorizing surfaces to pre-loss condition
9. Working with your insurance company every step of the way to make it easy for you
Fire in the Home
Seeing your home and precious possessions consumed by fire can be one of the most severe losses that a homeowner can experience. After such a devastating loss, reassurance comes from having clear guidance and support in salvaging as much as possible from fire and smoke damage. At ServiceMaster Restore®, our technicians are more than talented professionals; they're caring people ready to get you back in your home as quickly as possible, while keeping you informed every step of the way.
12851 State Hwy 155 S, Tyler, Texas 75703
1410 W Marshall Ave, Longview, Texas 75604